The Attic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST NEW SCHOOL HORROR MOVIE

5 posters

Go down

BEST NEW SCHOOL HORROR MOVIE Empty BEST NEW SCHOOL HORROR MOVIE

Post  jwgacy213 Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:52 pm

This is simply MY OPINION, but the best one is the Texas Chainsaw the begining. The gritty feel to it and knowing how Thomas became leatherface, and how father became sherrif hoyt.. i was floored. I LOVE horror flicks and will watch em all the time. I also love Hostel's, final destinations( mainly #2 ), Halloweens( not #3), and the SAW franchise..
I know that there are a shitload more movies out there that i havent seen, but theses are my favs.
I have a Leatherface tattoo, the 10yr old Mike meyers from the new halloween tattoo, and i want to get Jigsaw done. I dont want the puppet, everyone has that. They are all on my tattoo page on my myspace.
jwgacy213
jwgacy213

Back to top Go down

BEST NEW SCHOOL HORROR MOVIE Empty Re: BEST NEW SCHOOL HORROR MOVIE

Post  eatTHIScity Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:44 pm

That movie was pretty badass.
It's not so much a horror movie, really, but I'd go with The Devil's Rejects.
I don't give a fuck that it's Rob Zombie, that movie just kicked ass all around.
eatTHIScity
eatTHIScity
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/shailad

Back to top Go down

Post  cdowg187 Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:20 am

My allegiances are still with the ORIGINAL. I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATED the remake, but the prequel wasn't nearly as bad. Andrew Bryniarski actually made a good Leatherface.

My problem with a lot of the new school slasher/horror movies is that they rely too much on the gore. And I'm just the type of person who prefers to get into a characters head, and try and understand the thought behind the action.

Everyone seems to like Hostel, and it just did nothing for me. It's like okay I'll give it props for originality but all it seems to be is a snuff film. Graphic Violence if used properly can add to the effect, but the over use of it gets old with me.

Saw however is fuckin DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE! That shit really grew on me. The first one I thought was okay, except they killed danny glover and that kinda pissed me off. lol But the rest of them continuously got better, Jigsaw's just a really interesting character to me. I loved his motivation behind everything. The 1 test that just really got to me was the fuckin syringes in the 2nd movie. I fuckin HATE needles. But number 1 the shit was original, they actually made you feel for his character and understand where he was coming from. And sometimes you kinda wanted the people to survive and learn not to take shit for granted.

Rob Zombie's Halloween was one of the few remakes I actually thought was almost as good as the original. Because they made michael meyers human and not the lame ass cult idol from the latter movies. Plus it showed him killing small animals, which obviously most serial killers start out doing that. Just the way it felt I thought was really cool. I'm still a huge fan of the first 2 though.

The Hills have eyes though just annoyed the shit out of me. lol The part where they ate the dog actually pissed me off, but that was the desired effect I guess. But when the other dog got some revenge on the leader rip off lookin dude was cool. Still though I just didn't really care much for the movie. And every time I see Buffalo Bill I keep saying IT PUTS THE LOTION ON IT'S SKIN!!!!!! lol

What really pisses me off though is, they're gonna remake friday the 13th and nightmare on elm street. Once again NO KANE HODDER AS JASON (wtf seriously), and if they don't get robert englund as freddy Im really gonna be pissed! And on top of all that, they wanna remake EVIL FUCKIN DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!! Number 1 they've already done it, it's called Evil Dead 2: The Deader the better. Number 2 they won't use Bruce Campbell..... BLASPHEMY!

I just would rather see another freddy vs jason or something original as opposed to just remakes all the time. I especially wanna see another Evil Dead WITH mr. campbell.

If you're gonna remake a horror movie, why not go back and pay homage to the classic black and white horror movies?! Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Wolfman, Dracula, Creature from the black lagoon, the blob, KILLER CLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE! lol
cdowg187
cdowg187

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbiexSoxx Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:25 am

Again, dont know if this is considered Horror..
But The Silence of The Lambs ruled the world.
BobbiexSoxx
BobbiexSoxx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CrAzY FuCkIn DaVe Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:07 am

BobbiexSoxx wrote:Again, dont know if this is considered Horror..

agreed
it puts the lotion on its skin
it puts the lotion in the bucket
got plans tonight Bobbie?
CrAzY FuCkIn DaVe
CrAzY FuCkIn DaVe

Back to top Go down

Post  BobbiexSoxx Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:37 am

CrAzY FuCkIn DaVe wrote:

agreed

Haha you are on your own Dave..
The lotion will come in handy.
BobbiexSoxx
BobbiexSoxx
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CrAzY FuCkIn DaVe Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:13 am

BobbiexSoxx wrote:
CrAzY FuCkIn DaVe wrote:

agreed

Haha you are on your own Dave..
The lotion will come in handy.

grumbles
good thing I keep an extra case of Jerkins around
CrAzY FuCkIn DaVe
CrAzY FuCkIn DaVe

Back to top Go down