The Attic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you reading?!

2 posters

Go down

What are you reading?! Empty What are you reading?!

Post  cdowg187 Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:36 am

Other then going through my drivers manual again.

Now I am a fan of comic books and such. People may give me shit citing that "Comic Books are for kids." When in all actuality there's very few comics that are marketed to a younger audience. One of the best writers in all of comics is Alan Moore. He's been praised as 1 of the smartest and definitely eccentric writers in the medium. He's had a lot of phenomenal success with the more mainstream characters such as Swamp Thing, Superman, Green Lantern, Batman and so on and so forth. But the books he's best known for are his own material such as V for Vendetta, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Lost Girls, and definitely Watchmen.

So I reread my favorite super hero comic of all time, WATCHMEN! It's about an alternate 1985 where not only do Super Heroes exist, but their loathed by the general public and police. Unless they're government operatives. But the main story is about a masked vigilante named Rorschach (inspired by The Question and Batman), who after the death of an acquaintance named The Comedian, begins to discover a conspiracy to take out all current and former Super Heroes. The entire book is a meditation on power. "Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Basically what Alan Moore and artist BIG PERVERTED REDNECK Gibbons were trying to tackle, was that if these people really existed they'd be just as if not more dysfunctional then the rest of us.

It deals with issues such as, rape, murder, and the human psyche. Even if you don't read comics, I suggest this book for EVERYONE!!!

ALAN MOORE OLD HAIRY ENGLISH BALLS> anyone else's.

What are you reading?! Watchmen23

What are you reading?! Watchmen7
cdowg187
cdowg187

Back to top Go down

What are you reading?! Empty Re: What are you reading?!

Post  eatTHIScity Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:03 pm

That old dude fucking RULES.
I'm reading the Mothman Prophecies, it's kickass.
eatTHIScity
eatTHIScity
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/shailad

Back to top Go down

Post  cdowg187 Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:22 am

The Mothman is fuckin real! lol
cdowg187
cdowg187

Back to top Go down

Post  eatTHIScity Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:33 am

I fully believe so.
eatTHIScity
eatTHIScity
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/shailad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum